Some very good news today! I’ve worked really hard and have lots of things to show you, but I’ll wait some more to show screen shots, just for fun 😉After a major redesign in the database (just on time, no changes in code needed, now double checked) I started working on the Blocks, the different parts of a hall. Note that blocks in a hall make it a lot easier to place seats in a hall. (These blocks don’t even have to be noticable in numbering of the seats).
I’ve also uploaded to a test server with very little problems, so portability and compatibility of coding is mostly guaranteed. I should test it at the end with PHP 5, but I’m kind of scared 😉
The block system also uses a graphical view of the hall, using CSS drawing, my first time I ever use this technique, and it worked just fine (after the usual hour of wrestling with code…:D)
Also, the public event calendar has been tidied up, showing a more viewable list of events, plus a detail page for each event. Always, with the usual “Make Reservation” buttons.
And last today I’ve updated some code everywhere, made things a bit more homogenous, better now than after the first release.
Okay, I must admit, a big release isn’t going to be soon, but I’m very thrilled I got this far already, nearly 3000 lines of code make my work a piece of myself 🙂
Anyway, bye all!